Thursday, December 22, 2011

I Dream of… A Beautiful Entry

Table are from Burton-Ching in San Francisco
Foo Dogs were on One Kings Lane
Acrylic Tray from CB2
Orchid Arrangement Image from Laura Ashley, however I would opt for real orchids
Porcelain jar from 1st Dibs
Leather woven basket from Dovevote 
Blue and white porcelain planter from Elite Auction
Lemon Cypress Plants from Coastal Nursery
Blake Pendant Light by Robert Abbey
Mirror from 1st Dibs


I admire any entry and its potential to be beautiful. 
Unfortunately my front door opens into my living room, such a major design flaw if you ask me.

I’ve been drawing floor plans since I was about ten years old, and in every entry way I designed it large enough to have a large center table right in the middle. 
On the center table I would draw a squiggly cloud looking image of what I would intend for a huge bouquet of flowers that my imaginary husband would have delivered fresh every week for me… dream on sister.
The new me would create this same floor plan in my imaginary dream home but with a large Chinese or Japanese altar table along the lines of this below…. I’m not done… and this would be in addition to this beauty as my center table. 
And yes, we’re talking one damn big entry hall!
On THIS gorg of a center table would be a huge living arrangement that I would change out every few weeks or so. There. That’s my dream for now…

xo,
VRB

No comments:

Post a Comment