Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Lazy Days are Here Again!

In an effort to curve my anxiety and "relax and stay a while" as per my husband and mother's orders, I've been doing a whole lot of this lately:

Laying in bed watching football

The Girl

Caving and letting the pups on the sofa with NO blanket after their groom session (huge rule being broken) 

More laying in bed until 2pm watching the playoffs

Watching the 49ers win! (= happy husband)

Strolls to the coffee shop for some light reading

Mind you the mister works mid nights (4 days on, 4 days off) so he gets home around 7am and sleeps until 4pm, so on his weekends off I get thrown into this mix and sleep in myself!
I figure once the little pea arrives there won't be much of this anymore, so time to milk it to the fullest!
At first I felt a little guilty being so lazy daisy, but since I kept up with laundry and tidying up in between quarters, episodes, etc. I started to feel it less and less
I am still making time for Pilates class and strolls with the pups even though this "cold" weather makes it tough, so there's that!
Now if I could just figure out how to make easy prep and clean up meals instead of ordering take-out, I'd really have this lazy business right!
My HUGE issue with lazy days is the urge to shop online!
Umm hello Kate Spade secret sales, Zulilly baby items and Wayfair's great deals on home improvement goods!
Being home (and being slightly ocd at times) makes me tend to go bonkers and think EVERYTHING needs fixing (especially before June 16th!)

Anyway, I cherish this time and it's wonderful
I am so blessed to be able to put life on the back burner and relax a bit, it was well needed after the holiday rush
Happy (Tuesday), or... Happy Day to you all!

xo,
Daisy 

4 comments:

  1. Come home and snugs with me! :)

    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! So glad you're taking the time for yourself...you deserve it. And I share your sentiment...we won't get much lazy time once we have a new baby. Enjoy it while it lasts, mama! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks:) I am loving the down time, you're right, enjoy it while it lasts!

      Delete