Friday, February 1, 2013

Baby Shoe's Nursery Board

After finding out about the Royal Bebe months ago, I created a nursery board fit for both a Prince or Princess
My dear husband demanded we have everything on the board I created for the future Prince Spencer until I broke the news that the dresser probably ranged from about $2,000-$4,000 and a couple other items were well beyond our budget
(Read it HERE!)
So... with a little tweaking and arm twisting, I've managed to create this lovely space for our wee lad on a not so royal budget!


Baby Shoe's Nursery Board

Now for the deets!
First off, although a very tiny room, we are painting the walls a lovely shade of navy, particularly Benjamin Moore's Old Navy - of course using a zero VOC paint... 
Our contractor is patching up some old lathe and plaster issues and installing new crown molding to match the rest of the house... I am DYING to see the results!

For the new:
-We'll order the crib in a couple months from Pottery Barn (fingers crossed and starts align for some pop-up sale, perhaps?!)
-The area carpet we are ordering from Couristan through a local carpet dealer, it's an 8 x 10 bound Tartan plaid wool carpet and is probably my favorite piece in the room thus far!
-That sweet hot air balloon mobile is from Posh Tots, I MUST have this (time out: buying now...)
-I did pick-up a changing pad cover and matching crib sheets by Oilo at a baby shop close by my OB's office, talk about convenient?
-The cute little porcelain garden stool is a steal at Overstock, must have some blue and white in every room!
-The navy gourd lamp is from Shades of Light, I do have the same one, but in orange... not quite what I want in this room but may be a fun punch? Not sure yet... Got the same one on One Kings Lane sometime last year - keep your eyes peeled for me!
-The Moses basket is on my wish list right now, it's so sweet and perfect to have Baby Shoe snuggled up in with me from room to room

Luckily I can order a few things with my trade discount, which helps us cut some costs:
-I am ordering the roman shades from my trusty and local shades workroom with a great navy grosgrain tape along the borders, this is great because we can have them made with blackout lining since one wall is almost all window
-The beige Lee Industries swivel glider (with matching ottoman) will have a matching tape along the skirt hem 
-The Ralph Lauren light fixture I just ordered through Circa Lighting, it is Brad's favorite piece in the room so far!
-I plan on buying some Pindler fabric and making a monogrammed pillow myself, unless Etsy has something better to offer:)

Now for the "recycled" goodies:
-I have a pair of fox hunt prints from an old staging job of mine from years back that need a better spot... thinking above the glider
-We have the brass duck head bookends I picked up at the local antique fair that I just love, I think my parents may have the same ones
-What is even better is that we have a couple signed framed duck stamp prints by my Dad's favorite waterfowl artist as well as a couple great antique duck decoys too
-The sheepskin rug was given to me my my Aunt last year when I expressed interest in it... little did she know we had a bun in the oven and I knew exactly where it was going!
-As for the dresser, we have yet to find the "perfect" dresser/chest as of yet, but I am patient. I've been scouting antique stores, Craigslist and putting feelers out there from friends/family. We want something under 42"W, old, and hopefully with brass hardware

Well... that's all for now, I hope you like!
Thoughts?

Love,
Tori

---

All details can be found on my Pinterest Board as well as clicking on the Polvore board above!




2 comments:

  1. I loooove your nursery plans! Baby S will be the classiest boy in town! Good taste, my friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so talented! He is definitely going to feel like a prince in that room!

    ReplyDelete