Thursday, December 15, 2011

Being Thankful All Year Long

‘Tis the season we all get bouts of those tingly feelings of thankfulness, joy and happiness. Last night I had the opportunity to join my Mother and her friends at a Red Hat’s Christmas tea. A lovely woman named Laurel hosts a number of teas throughout the holiday season. She decs her home from wall to wall and herself from head to toe in holiday décor. Long story short, Laurel experienced a number of medical hardships for most of her young adulthood and has since dedicated her life to serving others. Laurel adopts 150 children as part of the angel program here in the San Francisco Bay Area. With the proceeds of her teas, she makes certain that each and every one of these 150 children she takes under her wing receives three gifts off their lists.

Laurel has offered a spring and summer tea next year for the Red Hats. I’m not quite sure Laurel thinks of herself as an angel herself, but goodness she is in my book. I hope everyone has a second here or there in this holiday rush to slow down, take a deep breath and take in what is around them. We all have things to be thankful for, whether it be God, your family, health, or the roof over your head. Try this in all seasons, spread a little love when you can...

Thank you Laurel for slowing me down, reminding me to take a deep breath and realize how truly lucky I am to live the life I live. 
xo,
VRB

No comments:

Post a Comment