Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Tortoise Chic


Heels     Glass     Headband     Bracelet     Watch     Flatware     Comb     Sunglasses     Chair
To me, tortoise shell is the epitome of chic. My mother gave me her tortoise shell bracelet off of her wrist a couple years ago while sipping lattes in Sausalito a couple years ago. She knew I had been envying it for years. This is such a beautiful characteristic of her. She will literally give you the clothes off her back and loves sharing her good finds.
For years she has been buying me headbands from Goody and J.Crew like this one. As explained here, I love tortoise shell headbands. Outfit just doesn’t seem complete?: throw in a good tortoise shell headband and you’re good to go, trust me! It doesn’t matter what time of year it is either!
For my birthday in April 2010 mom mother got me this lovely tortoise shell watch. I can’t tell you how many times I have been stopped and asked where this was from. It’s another staple in my wardrobe.
I don’t think J.Crew makes these wedges in flats anymore, but I’m wearing mine today! How fabulous are the rest of these tortoise items? They are quite affordable and perfect for a hostess or co-worker gift. Enjoy!
xo,
VRB

No comments:

Post a Comment