Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Yikes, Stripes!

Yikes, Stripes!


Shirt     Top Left Design Credit: Janie Molster Designs     Striped Skirt Credit: Prepfection Blog    Gondolier Photo Credit: Reggie Darling Blog      Fabrics (Trade Only): Available through me, Victoria Bray Interior Design    Dog Collar    Bowtie


Stripes have been a staple in my wardrobe my entire life, I love them! 
Everyone of my mother’s friends and her sisters kid about her being the sailor or the prisoner or the gondolier and subjecting her daughters to the same look our entire lives. 
And no, I did not enjoy being called Waldo. 
But hey, who did they all look to last year when stripes made their comeback? 
You got it, Miss Lolly dearest.

I love seeing stripes in Elle Decor or on all my treasured design blogs. 
We've been seeing stripes on walls and in drapery and shades, but where have all the gorgeous striped upholstery fabrics gone? 
Here in the office, we've been desperately searching for a chic upholstery-grade striped fabric for dining chair slip seats with no such luck.
 We have come to find out that most Trade Only manufacturers have discontinued their staples. 
Oh how we'll miss the lustrous silk-velvets Colony used to carry! Come back!

From cotton t-shirts and silk skirts to draperies and wall paint… how could you go wrong with this classic?

xo,
VRB
Kauai, May 2011



No comments:

Post a Comment