Thursday, January 12, 2012

Contemporary Design

Fermob!

(Photos: Mojito Image | Fermob Retail | Fermob Trade - Contact Me

With patio furniture orders bombarding my desk as Spring is right around the corner (or as it feels like it is here in the SF Bay Area right now) I can't help but admire all of the beautiful contemporary architectural designs out there.
I am a huge traditionalist at heart, but this doesn't mean I do not admire contemporary art and design.
 If anything, I love contemporary art mixed in with traditional design more than anything.
Always have, always will!

This first photo below is a high end construction company we work with quite a bit.
The architect did a phenomenal job incorporating the outdoors with the indoors.
On an estate like this, privacy is of course no issue.
I just love the Fermob line, check out these colourful pieces that comes in these scrumptious colours!

How fun would it be to snatch a number of these chairs in multiple colours?
Yes, please!
And everyone needs a bar cart right?
Must have my mojito on warm Spring evenings... 
(Fermob Colours: HERE)
(Photo: Jay Corder, AIA)
I love seeing designers incorporate the different elements in their designs.
A perfect grounds to me would have a fireplace, flowing water, green grass to play on, climbing ivy, multiple coloured succulents, trees as tall as my home, fruit trees lining a vegetable garden... you get the picture.
(PHOTO)
Me and Rothko, just hangin' (SFMOMA)
Rothko at The Met (iPhone photo - lack luster)

No comments:

Post a Comment