Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Holiday Gift Ideas for Friends


It has always been super easy for me to shop for close friends, to me the closer you are the easier it is
Take this for an example, I spend my entire days chatting with my best friend on gmail chat, this is the perfect chance to keep a mental (and typed thanks to Gmail) log of a BBF's wants/needs/wishes

In case you don't have this opportunity like I do do have lunch or chat sessions with your closest gal pals and dudes, then this is a little FYI on good gifts for them for the holidays:

For the new homeowners or renters
They come in all shapes and sizes and are a perfect catch all for the front door or office or for a coffee table, I just love the acrylic white!
$24.00 - $69.00
From West Elm - HERE

For the Wine Club folks, you have to have a Vinturi
$39.99
Available at Cost Plus - HERE

I know every couple years I have to replace my key chains/fob's and know I love getting new ones
These are some fun affordable options for anyone
With Smather's and Branson (lab key fob below) you can choose from a ton of options, pets, flags, whales and flowers
Clockwise:
Factory Tassel Key Chain by J.Crew Outlet- HERE
Heart Key by C. Wonder - HERE
Wristlet Key Fob Chain in Aviary at Etsy - HERE
Retriever Needlepoint Key Chain by Smathers and Branson - HERE

For the music enthusiast this funky uke would be too fun
$29.95
Available online at Paper Source - HERE

For the baker or serious homemaker, everyone should have a Madeleine Pan!
Pair this with a cute note card with your favorite Madeline recipe (or mine below;)
$6.99
Available - HERE

Perfect Madeleine's:
1. Melt 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter and let cool on side
2. Beat 2 eggs and a dash of salt on high until it peaks (turns a buttery yellow and is nice and fluffy)
3. Continue beating and add 1/3 cup of sugar but at 2 tbsp at a time to mixture for 20 minutes
4. Fold in 2 cups of flour but at 2 tbsp at a time
5. Fold in butter
6. Fold in shredded lemon (as much as you want, I think 1/2 lemon peel is great)
7. Fill Madeleine pans 3/4 full
8. Bake at 400 degrees for 8 minutes


A custom stamper from Paper Source is a great gift idea for anyone

Who deosn't love handwritten correspondece 
You just purchase the stamper and they get in contact with Paper Source for the customization
$39.99


Available at Paper Source - HERE

For the apartment dwelling stylish friend, nothing is better than getting them some fun accents to brighten up their space, just be sure to get their colours right!

$27.99
Available - HERE

Or a cozy monogrammed throw?
$45.00 
Available - HERE

For the jet setter
A travel scale to keep those extra add on costs
I know my parents are infamous for bringing an additional bag to bring home gifts in
Available at Paper-Source - HERE

And maybe a fun and bright passport case to flaunt?
Available at J.Crew - HERE

What also helps, is to think about something you or they really want, but just wouldn't a.) think to buy, or b.) a frivolous item where cost was a factor
I also think of colour! What fun way can you bring a pop of colour into someones life!

I hope your holidays season is merry and bright, and I promise this will be the last of my holiday posts until after Thanksgiving!

In the meantime, how are y'all doing out there?
It's cold here (finally) and I got to wear my poncho today, it's the small things!

xo,
Tori

No comments:

Post a Comment